- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2.5cm-piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lemon grass stem, pale section only, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into 5cm-long matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into 5cm-long matchsticks
- 1Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and lemon grass, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add water, vinegar and sugar. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- 2Stir in the cucumber and carrot. Set aside to cool.