- 1 (700g) large eggplant
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Using a sharp knife or skewer, pierce eggplant 8 times. Place onto grill. Cover with barbecue lid or a large roasting pan. Cook for 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, or until soft. Remove to a plate to cool.
- 2Cut eggplant in half. Use a large metal spoon to scoop out flesh. Discard skin. Place flash into a food processor with onions, garlic and lemon juice. Process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl. Add parsley, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate until required.