- 40g reduced-fat spread
- 9 slices oatbran and honey bread
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yellow box honey (see note)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, thinly sliced
- Low-fat ice-cream or custard, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Spread reduced-fat spread over both sides of bread slices. Cut off crusts. Cut each slice of bread in half.
- 2Whisk milk, eggs, honey and cinnamon together in a jug.
- 3Layer bread over a greased 5-cup, ovenproof dish. Top with banana slices.
- 4Pour over milk mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with ice-cream or custard.