- 375g rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Black Bean & Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 450g lean beef round centre steaks
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 50g snow pea sprouts
- 1Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with plenty of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain well and place in a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the black bean & garlic sauce, ginger, five spice and 2 teaspoons of the mirin in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Preheat a non-stick chargrill pan or barbecue flat plate on high. Cook the beef for 2-3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- 3Combine the sesame oil and remaining mirin in a jug. Pour over the noodles. Add the shallots, rocket and snow pea sprouts and gently toss until just combined.
- 4Thinly slice the beef, add to the noodle mixture with any pan juices and toss until well combined. Divide among serving bowls to serve.