- 100g (1/2 cup) tri-coloured quinoa
- 225ml water
- 30g palm sugar, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 400g beef rump steak
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 rice paper sheets, 22cm in diameter
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 150g bean sprouts
- 12 fresh coriander sprigs
- 1Place quinoa and 185ml (3/4 cup) water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring, for 10-12 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2For sauce, place sugar, fish sauce, tamarind, garlic and remaining water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in juice and ginger. Cool.
- 3Heat a chargrill over medium-high heat. Spray steak with olive oil. Season. Cook, turning, for 4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 4 minutes. Thinly slice.
- 4Stir shallot and 3 tsp sauce into quinoa. Dip 1 rice paper sheet in cold water for 10 seconds or until starting to soften. Drain on a clean tea towel. Place on a work surface. Place 2 chilli slices and a mint leaf along centre. Top with a little quinoa mixture, bean sprouts, steak and coriander. Fold in ends. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining sheets. Serve with the remaining dipping sauce.