- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 thick (about 150g each) beef fillet steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Fig Balsamic Glaze
- 1Cut the prosciutto in half lengthways. Wrap 2 prosciutto slices around the side of each steak. Use the toothpicks to secure the prosciutto to the beef where it overlaps.
- 2Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer beef to the lined tray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- 3Meanwhile, drain any excess oil from the frying pan. Add the stock and balsamic glaze. Bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes or until reduced by half. You will need about 125ml (1/2 cup) of the balsamic glaze mixture.
- 4Place the beef on serving plates and drizzle over the glaze. Serve.