- 1 lemon
- 350g farfalle pasta
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1Use a zester to remove rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- 2Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water following packet directions until al dente. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well and return to the pan.
- 3Drizzle the oil over the pasta. Add the almonds, chilli and lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the reserved lemon juice and toss to combine. Divide evenly among serving bowls. Serve immediately.