- 3 shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 4 (about 125g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 500g fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1Process shallot, chilli, allspice, sugar and dried thyme in a food processor until smooth. Place salmon in a glass or ceramic bowl. Spoon over the spice mixture to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, combine pineapple, chopped coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- 3Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook salmon for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Divide salmon among plates. Top with pineapple salsa and coriander leaves. Serve with salad leaves.