- 600g cauliflower florets
- 100g Greek-style fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salad, to serve
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Food processor
- 1Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced. Place cauliflower in a metal steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover. Steam for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- 2Process cauliflower in a food processor until chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add fetta, chives, thyme, breadcrumbs, flour and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Working with damp hands, shape 1/4 cup of mixture into a firm patty. Place onto a baking paper-lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm (see note).
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fritters, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray. Place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining fritters.
- 4Serve fritters with salad, tzatziki and lemon wedges.