- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- White candy stars, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, 8cm Christmas tree cutter
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan on all sides.
- 2Place butter, sugar and 200g chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Stand for 15 minutes to cool.
- 3Stir in egg. Sift over cocoa and flour. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Using an 8cm Christmas tree cutter, cut 12 trees from brownie. Discard trimmings.
- 5Place remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until melted. Stand for 2 minutes. Using picture as a guide, attach stars to brownie trees with melted chocolate. Stand for 20 minutes or until set. Holding trees upright, dust with icing sugar to cover edges. Serve.