- 0:20 Prep
- 1:00 Cook
- 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 500g beef mince
- 300g pork and veal mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Gravy, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 9cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- 2Place onion, breadcrumbs, minces, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a bowl. Mix to combine. Spoon into pan. Level top with a spoon.
- 3Combine sugar and remaining sauce in a small bowl. Spread over top of mince. Bake for 1 hour or until meatloaf is browned and comes away from sides of pan. Drain juices from pan. Set aside for 5 minutes. Serve with potato, green beans and gravy.