- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 basa fillets, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons Coles Brand mayonnaise, to serve
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 jazz apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1To make fennel salad, place fennel, fronds and apple in a large bowl. Mix together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Add to salad. Gently toss to combine.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan on high until a cube of bread sizzles on contact. Cook sweet potato crisps, in batches, for 1-2 mins each side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 3Reheat remaining oil in same pan. Dust fish in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Cook fish for 2 mins each side, or until golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- 4Serve fish with fennel salad, sweet potato crisps and a dollop of mayonnaise.