- 2kg pork shoulder, skin scored
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Whole Fennel Seeds
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1Using a sharp knife, make slits in pork. Insert garlic slivers into pork. Rub all over with spices and seeds. Season.
- 2Arrange onion over base of slow-cooker. Place pork over onion. Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours or until pork meat falls off the bone. Transfer pork to a clean board. Discard skin and as much fat as you like. Shred with 2 forks. Add as much cooking liquid as you like to moisten pork.