- 125g butter, chopped
- 250g packet gingernut biscuits, halved
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1Grease a 4.5cm-deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- 2Melt 75g butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Process biscuits until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place remaining butter, condensed milk and sugar in pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until mixture turns golden and thickens. Pour over prepared base. Set aside for 10 minutes. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 4Cut into squares. Serve.