- 2 x 430g packets gluten-free vanilla cake mix (icing sachets discarded)
- 100g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- Pink food colouring
- Yellow food colouring
- 155g jar gluten-free 100’s and 1000’s
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Place cake mix in a bowl. Make a well. Add butter and milk. Mix well to combine. Divide mixture evenly among 3 bowls. Using food colouring, tint 1 portion pale pink, 1 portion pale yellow and keep remaining portion plain.
- 3Place 100’s and 1000’s in a bowl. Roughly shape 1 level tablespoon of pink mixture into a ball (mixture will be quite soft). Toss in hundreds and thousands to coat. Flatten to form a disc. Place on a prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pink mixture, placing discs about 6cm apart. Repeat with yellow mixture, placing on remaining prepared tray.
- 4Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, until cookies have spread, but tops are still soft. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a baking paper-lined wire rack (cookies will be very soft but will harden as they cool). Repeat with remaining plain mixture. Cool completely. Serve.