- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 11/2 tbs gluten-free tamari
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lean beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, shredded
- 150g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup trimmed bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1Combine lime juice, tamari and olive oil in a small bowl. Place half the dressing in a shallow glass or ceramic dish, add the beef and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate. Add the chilli and peanuts to the remaining dressing and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, steam the asparagus over a saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- 3Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill over high heat. Drain beef, discarding excess marinade, and lightly spray with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice the beef.
- 4Combine the asparagus, lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, coriander and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- 5Place beef on top of salad and drizzle with the dressing.