- 10 red ball chillies (see note)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 100g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place chillies in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until skins begin to blister. Remove from oven. Divide between 2 small snap-lock bags. Seal. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, place feta, basil and oregano in a bowl. Using a fork, mash to combine.
- 3Wearing gloves, carefully remove skin from 1 chilli. Slice across top to remove stalk. Using a teaspoon, remove and discard seeds and membrane from centre. Repeat with remaining chillies.
- 4Press 2 teaspoons feta mixture into a ball. Carefully stuff into 1 chilli. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining feta mixture and chillies. Drizzle stuffed chillies with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.