- 1/2 cup burghul (cracked wheat)
- 700g lamb mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest strips
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1Place burghul in a large bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to bowl.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan.
- 3Add mince, egg, garlic, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, chilli, cinnamon and parsley to burghul. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Press mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth surface. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until meatloaf is firm. Stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 15 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
- 5Drain excess pan juices from meatloaf. Remove from pan. Top with onion, almond, fetta and lemon zest. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad leaves.