- 1kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) wholemeal plain flour
- 80g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons iced water
- 185ml (3/4 cup) pouring cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 75g (3/4 cup) rolled oats
- 55g (3/4 cup) shredded coconut
- 90g (3/4 cup) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the tray. Roast for 1 hour or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool slightly. Add cornflour and mash with a fork until almost smooth and combined.
- 2Meanwhile, grease an 18 x 28cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing the two long sides to overhang. Process the flour and butter in a food processor, using the pulse button, in short bursts until combined. Add the water and pulse until mixture starts to come together. Spoon dough into prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to press firmly over the base. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- 3Combine the cream and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until thick and golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool slightly.
- 4Combine the oats, coconut, walnut and cinnamon in a bowl. Add cream mixture and salt. Stir to combine.
- 5Spread pumpkin mixture over the pastry base. Scatter with oat mixture. Press gently to make an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 18 squares.