- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 110g (1/2 cup) white sugar
- 2 lemon grass stems, pale section only, halved lengthways, bruised
- 18 lychees, peeled
- 1/4 ripe rockmelon, deseeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 ripe honeydew melon, deseeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Good-quality vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add the lemon grass and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Set aside for 1 hour to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the lychees, rockmelon and honeydew melon in a bowl.
- 3Remove the lemon grass from the syrup and discard. Divide the lychee mixture among serving bowls. Pour over the syrup. Serve immediately with ice-cream.