- 3 eggs
- 125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 200g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60g) creme fraiche
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- 60g unsalted butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 1For the bananas, place butter and sugar in a pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add banana and cook, turning to coat in the caramel, for 2-3 minutes until caramelised. Add the cream, then remove from heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 2L bundt cake pan and dust with flour.
- 3Beat eggs, butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla in an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until thick. Beat banana and creme fraiche into the batter. Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then mix until combined. Spread into the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with caramel. Serve warm with caramel bananas and yoghurt.