- 70g (1/2 cup) pecan halves
- 75g (1/2 cup) dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 85g (1/2 cup) blanched almonds
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread the combined nuts over tray.
- 2Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, occasionally brushing down side of the pan with a wet pastry brush, for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles subside.
- 3Pour toffee evenly over the nuts. Set aside for 10 minutes to set. Break into shards.