- 200g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 155g (1 1/4 cups)chopped pecans
- 150g butter, chopped
- 100g (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and pecans in a medium bowl and mix well. Place butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until butter melts. (See microwave tip.) Remove from heat, add bicarbonate of soda and boiling water and stir to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of the biscuit mixture into balls and place 6 onto each of the prepared baking trays. Flatten balls with your hands until about 5mm thick and 7cm in diameter. Bake biscuits in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a medium golden brown. Remove from oven and stand on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.