- 1 large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 12 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 180g white fish fillets with skin on (such as blue-eye or snapper)
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C. Pare the lemon rind with a peeler, being sure not to take any of the white pith. Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl. Add garlic, herbs and half the oil. Season, then set aside.
- 2Heat remaining oil in an ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Fry lemon rind for 30 seconds. Season fish, then place skin-side down in the pan. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until skin is crisp and flesh turns white at the edges. Place pan in oven for 5 minutes until fish is just cooked through. Return pan to low heat, pour over herb mixture and warm through. Serve fish with crusty bread.