- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 4 lamb rump steaks
- Olive oil spray
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1Combine parsley and capers in a shallow dish. Rub over lamb. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook the lamb for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 2Place chickpeas, cucumber, avocado and onion in a bowl. Whisk the orange juice and oil in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
- 3Thickly slice the lamb. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with lamb and mint.