- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 25g butter
- 2 medium red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 125g brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) springform pan. Using pan base as a guide, cut a round from 1 pastry sheet. Line base with round. Cut remaining sheet into 4 even strips. Line side of pan with strips, pressing joins together to secure. Trim excess pastry. Place on a baking tray.
- 2Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion has softened. Stir in peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Spoon half onion mixture into prepared pan. Top with half the brie. Repeat with remaining onion mixture and brie. Whisk eggs and cream in a jug. Pour over brie.
- 4Bake for 50 minutes or until quiche is just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve with salad leaves.