- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 green banana prawns, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (440g) arborio rice
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron strands
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) frozen peas
- Roughly chopped continental parsley
- 1Heat olive oil in a large deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the prawns, cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove, set aside and cover with foil.
- 2Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rice, tomatoes, paprika, saffron, stock and pumpkin. Season with salt. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 minutes, without stirring.
- 3Stir in 1 cup (250ml) water. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice and pumpkin are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent rice sticking to the pan. Stir the peas and prawns through in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.