- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh dill, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 150g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup pitted Sicilian olives
- 500g cream delight potatoes, halved, steamed (see note)
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- 2Place fennel, orange, lemon, fennel seeds, garlic and dill in a large roasting pan. Add 1/3 cup oil. Season. Toss to combine. Place salmon fillets on top. Drizzle salmon with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- 3Add olives to pan. Roast for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and fennel is tender.
- 4Serve salmon mixture with potatoes and salad leaves.