- 500g pork mince
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 11/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 450g packet microwave jasmine rice
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 x 227g can water chestnut slices, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- 1Place the mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, ginger, 1/2 the oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/2 the onion in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mince mixture into 8 x 12cm long sausages. Thread onto 8 skewers.
- 2Heat a greased barbecue grill on medium heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, heat rice following packet instructions. Place snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Combine rice, snow peas and remaining onion in a bowl.
- 4Combine remaining oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce in a small jug. Brush skewers with 1/4 of the sauce mixture.
- 5Divide rice mixture among lettuce leaves. Top with skewers. Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with water chestnuts, coriander and chilli. Serve.