- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced on an angle
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup Thai basil (see note)
- 500g beef fillet, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1Soak 8 bamboo skewers in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- 2Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, bean sprouts, chilli and herbs in a bowl and set aside while you prepare the beef.
- 3Place the beef slices in a bowl with the sesame oil and a little sea salt and pepper, then stir well to coat. Thread the beef onto the soaked skewers.
- 4Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook the beef for 2-3 minutes each side until charred and cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, for the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to dissolve sugar. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- 6Serve the beef skewers with the salad, scattered with sesame seeds.