- 1.8kg boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Asian greens, to serve
- 1Remove netting from pork. Cut rind and any excess fat from pork and discard. Cut pork into 8 large pieces. Place in a large snap-lock bag with flour. Season with pepper. Seal. Shake to coat.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook pork, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- 3Heat remaining oil in pan. Add eschalots, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Transfer to slow cooker. Add sweet chilli sauce, stock, lime juice, fish sauce, kecap manis and lime leaves. Stir to combine. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until pork is very tender.
- 4Remove pork from sauce. Roughly shred into large pieces. Serve pork on rice with Asian greens. Drizzle with sauce.