- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g lamb leg roast (boneless)
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, halved, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 teaspoons Middle Eastern seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 strips lemon rind
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 5 minutes, turning, until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add seasoning and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Add lemon rind, apricots, stock and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until lamb is tender, turning halfway during cooking. Transfer lamb to a plate. Remove and discard cooking string. Slice lamb. Spoon sauce over the top.
- 4Meanwhile, make Almond couscous Place couscous and boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Add almonds and onion. Season. Toss to combine. Serve lamb with beans, couscous and apricot sauce.