- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg beef brisket pot roast
- 2 large carrots, sliced thickly
- 3 red onions, quartered lengthways
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 2 sachets Masterfoods squeeze-on concentrated beef stock
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Mashed potato, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 140°C. Heat oil in a large casserole over medium heat. Brown beef well on all sides, pouring off any fat. Add rosemary and pour over combined wine and stock concentrate. Place a sheet of baking paper over meat before covering with a tight fitting lid – this will help keep in moisture. Transfer to oven and roast for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, turn meat over and add carrots and onions. Return to oven for further 1 hour. Add zucchini for final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- 2Remove meat and vegetables from casserole; cover with foil and allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile place casserole, uncovered, over high heat, for 5 minutes to reduce liquid. Skim fat from surface and stir through parsley.
- 3Serve sliced meat and vegetables over mashed potato, Spoon over sauce.