- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 75g Greek fetta, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 15 sheets filo pastry
- 75g butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just wilted. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Squeeze out any excess liquid from spinach.
- 3Add dill, lemon rind, ricotta, fetta and egg to spinach. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine.
- 4Place 1 sheet of filo pastry on a flat surface. Brush with melted butter. Top with another sheet of filo pastry. Repeat process with a little more melted butter and 1 more sheet of filo pastry. Cut crossways into 3 even strips. Place 3 heaped teaspoons of spinach mixture at 1 short end of 1 filo strip. Fold over to form a triangle. Continue folding, keeping triangle shape, to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining filo, butter and filling. Place triangles on prepared trays. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 5Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden, swapping trays halfway through cooking. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.