- 375g fettuccine
- 425g can tuna in oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped drained capers
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes with sliced olives (see note)
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, drain tuna, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- 3Stir in capers, tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- 4Using a fork, flake tuna. Add tuna, tomato mixture and basil to pasta. Toss gently over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Divide between bowls. Serve with parmesan.