- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 large tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) roasted capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- pesto, to serve
- 1Whisk eggs and milk together in a large jug. Place flour in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add egg mixture. Stir to form a smooth batter. Stir in tomato, capsicum, parmesan and feta.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 heaped tablespoon batter to pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat to make 7 fritters. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining oil and batter to make 20 fritters. Serve with pesto.