- 350g eggplant
- 2 tablespoons salt
- olive oil spray
- 8 (about 90g each) veal rump steaks
- 700ml bottle Bertolli classica sugo pasta sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat grated mozzarella
- Serve with steamed green vegetables or salad leaves
- 1Preheat grill on medium. Thinly slice 350g eggplant. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons salt, set aside for 1 hour. Rinse well and pat dry. In batches, spray the eggplant with olive oil spray and grill for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- 2In batches, cook 8 (about 90g each) veal rump steaks in a frying pan over a high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Place the veal steaks slightly overlapping in a baking dish. Top with the eggplant slices.
- 3Drizzle over 700ml bottle Bertolli classica sugo pasta sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup reduced fat grated mozzarella. Grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with steamed green vegetables or salad leaves.