- 4 (about 100g each) desire potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) veal loin chops, trimmed of all fat
- 70g (1/3 cup) drained capers, roughly chopped
- 50g (about 8) Kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 80mls (1/3 cup) Massel beef stock
- 60mls (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch English spinach, stalks trimmed, washed
- 1Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, partially covered for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked.
- 2Drain, cut into quarters, cover and keep warm.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add veal and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked.
- 4Remove from pan and cover loosely with foil. Add the capers and olives and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add stock and increase heat to high. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and the parsley. Season well.
- 6Meanwhile: steam the spinach over a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- 7Place veal on plates and spoon the caper sauce over. Serve with potatoes and spinach drizzled with remaining lemon juice.