- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking sake
- 1/4 cup tonkatsu sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved lengthways
- 5 cups cold cooked medium-grain rice (see notes)
- 2 cups chopped Chinese cabbage
- 100g frozen edamame, thawed, podded
- 1/4 cup drained pickled ginger
- 10g packet sea salt seaweed snack, crushed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Whisk miso paste, sake, tonkatsu sauce, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons water in a medium jug. Set aside.
- 2Heat a wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add brown onion, carrot, mushrooms and corn. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred.
- 3Add rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until rice is heated through. Add cabbage, edamame and reserved miso mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until cabbage and edamame are just tender.
- 4Serve fried rice topped with pickled ginger, seaweed, green onion and sesame seeds.