- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 witlof (red or green – see notes), leaves separated, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 150g low-fat fresh ricotta*
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frypan and cook mushrooms over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add thyme and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons hot water, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Add witlof and parsley, and stir until witlof is slightly wilted. Divide the salad among bowls and crumble the ricotta over the top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.